Welcome to the glittering metropolis of Houston, Texas – the wealthiest city in the Lone Star State. Boasting a thriving economy, world-class cultural institutions, and a diverse population, Houston is a city on the rise.
With a GDP of over $450 billion, it’s no surprise that Houston is home to some of the richest and most successful individuals and businesses in the country.
From energy tycoons to medical moguls, Houston’s elite has helped shape the city into a true economic powerhouse.
So come and discover the opulence and opportunity that awaits in Houston, the richest city in Texas.
Richest City in Texas
The richest city in Texas is Highland Park, an upscale area located in central Dallas. It is known for its exclusive properties, prestigious schools, and small-town atmosphere.
Despite its small size, it is one of the wealthiest cities in Texas, with a median household income of over $200,000. The city has a low crime rate, good schools, and high-end shopping and dining options.
It is also home to many notable residents and celebrities, making it one of the most sought-after places to live in Dallas.
It is also close to downtown Dallas and other major parts of the city, giving residents access to all the amenities of a big city while still enjoying the comforts of a small community.
What City in Texas has the Most Millionaires?
Houston, Texas is known to have the most millionaires among the cities in the state.
According to a report by Phoenix Marketing International, Houston had the highest number of households with more than $1 million in investable assets in 2020.
The city has a diverse economy that includes oil and gas, healthcare, and technology.
The presence of large corporations such as ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, and Sysco, and the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world, have attracted many highly-paid executives and professionals to the area.
Additionally, the city’s proximity to the Gulf of Mexico also plays a role in its wealth, as the oil and gas industry is a significant contributor to the economy.
What is a Wealthy Part of Texas?
There are many wealthy areas in Texas, but some of the most affluent and exclusive neighborhoods include:
- Highland Park, is a small town located within Dallas known for its upscale properties, prestigious schools, and small-town atmosphere.
- River Oaks, a neighborhood located in Houston, is known for its mansions, private clubs, and upscale shopping centers.
- West University, a neighborhood located in Houston, is home to Rice University and many large, beautiful homes.
- Tanglewood, also located in Houston, is known for its large, luxurious homes and high-end amenities.
- University Park, a city located within Dallas, is known for its upscale properties, prestigious schools, and small-town atmosphere.
- The Woodlands, a master-planned community located in the northern suburbs of Houston, is known for its high-end homes, top-rated schools, and extensive amenities.
- The Dominion, an upscale neighborhood located in San Antonio, is known for its large, luxurious homes and high-end amenities.
- Preston Hollow, a neighborhood in Dallas, known for its large homes and upscale amenities, is home to many celebrities, politicians, and business leaders.
These neighborhoods are known for their high-end properties, prestigious schools, and upscale amenities, and they attract many affluent residents and high-income earners.
Also Read: Why Was the City of Florence So Wealthy?
What Area in Texas Has the Highest Income?
According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the area in Texas with the highest median household income is the city of Colleyville.
The city is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and it has a median household income of around $150,000.
Colleyville is known for its upscale properties, prestigious schools, and high-end amenities. Many of the residents in the area are highly educated professionals and business executives.
Other areas with high median household income include:
- West University Place – A city located in the Houston metropolitan area, with a median household income of around $144,000.
- Southlake – A city located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, with a median household income of around $140,000.
- Flower Mound – A town located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, with a median household income of around $139,000.
- University Park – A city located within Dallas, with a median household income of around $138,000.
- The Woodlands – A master-planned community located in the northern suburbs of Houston, with a median household income of around $137,000.
These areas are known for their high-income residents, upscale properties, and top-rated schools, which attract many affluent and high-income earning professionals and executives.